Monday, December 19, 2016

Profile - Laurens van Vliet - Founding Member

Lauren van Vliet ©

It's no surprise that our picture of Laurens van Vliet shows him centred in the middle of the frame taking a moment to refresh and drink in the view. This is a man of movement, precision and balance. 

I asked Lauren why he is involved in this volunteer grass roots project.


"Sports and the outdoors are playing an important role in my life. Outdoors activities include hiking, camping, canoeing, sailing, wind surfing. For sports, my focus continues to be Cross Country Skiing, competing in BC, Nationally and Internationally.I am promoting active living, and was selected an Olympic Torch Bearer for Agassiz for the 2010 Vancouver Olympic Winter Games. 

Over the years, I have hiked the local mountains surrounding Agassiz, and I have started to appreciate their beauty. My interest in developing a trail network on Green Mountain is for other people to enjoy the beautiful nature locally while being involved in hiking as a healthy activity."

Our Vision

The enjoyment of the diverse beauty of the Coastal forest in the Eastern Fraser Valley and the appreciation of it through non-motorized experience on a network of trails.

Our first project concerns the creation of a non-motorized mountain trail connecting Harrison Hot Springs, Agassiz and Seabird Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment